Eiffel Tower replica unveiled in Honduras
Tegucigalpa: French and Honduran officials inaugurated an eight-metre replica of the Eiffel Tower in the heart of Tegucigalpa as a symbol of friendship between the two nations.
The reproduction of the original 324-metre structure that is synonymous with Paris was erected before Tegucigalpa`s Los Dolores church in the capital`s historic centre.
"It`s an honour for me to share with the Honduran people the joy of the French people, and thanks to the mayor," French Ambassador to Honduras Laurent Dominati told a crowd celebrating the July 14 French national holiday with French popular songs and other festivities.
He said the tower represented a "symbol of the friendship between France and Honduras”.
Mayor Ricardo Alvarez noted this was the first time France had built a replica of the Eiffel Tower in a Latin American capital.
- Parliamentary panel asks coal PSUs, govt to recover dues
- OMG! Zarina Wahab leaves house post Aditya Pancholi's name crops up in Kangana-Hrithik saga?
- SAMCO launches Season 2 of the Indian Trading League
- How Twitter can help prevent asthma-related hospitalisation!
- Enrica Lexie case: Italy cites UN tribunal ruling, seeks Italian marine's release; India differs