Eiffel Tower replica unveiled in Honduras
Tegucigalpa: French and Honduran officials inaugurated an eight-metre replica of the Eiffel Tower in the heart of Tegucigalpa as a symbol of friendship between the two nations.
The reproduction of the original 324-metre structure that is synonymous with Paris was erected before Tegucigalpa`s Los Dolores church in the capital`s historic centre.
"It`s an honour for me to share with the Honduran people the joy of the French people, and thanks to the mayor," French Ambassador to Honduras Laurent Dominati told a crowd celebrating the July 14 French national holiday with French popular songs and other festivities.
He said the tower represented a "symbol of the friendship between France and Honduras”.
Mayor Ricardo Alvarez noted this was the first time France had built a replica of the Eiffel Tower in a Latin American capital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand