Eight Filipino troops killed in land mine attacks
Kidapawan: The Philippine military says communist rebels have carried out two separate land mine attacks on Filipino troops and killed eight soldiers and militiamen in the south.
Regional army spokesman Lt Nasrulah Sema said about 50 New People`s Army rebels detonated a land mine then opened fire today on an army truck, killing seven soldiers and militiamen in a mountainous region in Tulunan town in North Cotabato province.
At the time, the soldiers were on their way to deliver cash allowances to militiamen at a rural outpost.
Sema said a truckload of soldiers was deployed to hunt down the attackers but they were hit by another land mine and came under rebel fire in a second attack that killed a soldier and wounded four others in North Cotabato`s Makilala town.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Audience don't judge stars with box office numbers: John Abraham
- 'Madaari' is outstanding, says Deepika Padukone
- Three Taliban commanders arrested in Afghanistan's Samangan province
- Kamal Haasan still under medical care in hospital
- Kashmir unrest: Policeman injured in Burhan Wani protest dies, death toll rises to 46