Elderly Briton arrested over mosque bomb
London: The British police arrested a 75-year-old man on Thursday on suspicion of planting a home-made bomb that exploded near a mosque.
Police said the man was arrested by counter-terrorism officers at his home in Walsall, central England, where the small bomb exploded last Friday.
There has been a spike in anti-Muslim incidents in Britain since a soldier was murdered on a London street last month in a suspected Islamist attack.
Nobody was hurt in the Walsall explosion and damage was minimal, police said.
The suspect was arrested on suspicion of causing an explosion likely to endanger life or damage property. He was being questioned at a police station and his home was being searched.
Around 150 people had to be evacuated from their homes after the bomb was discovered outside the Aisha Mosque, while police launched a major hate crime investigation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you