Elderly Sikh stabs drinker with sword in London
London: An elderly Sikh man stabbed a drinker in Britain with his kirpan or ceremonial sword, a court has heard.
Bagicha Singh, 60, has been accused of stabbing Pritpal Singh, 30, several times with the kirpan on Sunnyside Road at Ilford, a town northeast of greater London, the Ilford Recorder reported.
Pritpal Singh had been drinking in South Park and he became quite aggressive after hitting his leg on a metal pole, jurors at Snaresbrook Crown Court said Wednesday. They also added that his friends tried controlling him but he said that he would hit the next person he saw.
Pritpal Singh and his friends were on Sunnyside Road when he attacked Bagicha Singh who, in his defence, attacked Pritpal.
A friend of Pritpal Singh, Shahzad Hussain, said that Bagicha Singh started slashing Pritpal and when they tried to intervene, he stabbed him too. He also added that when they pulled Pritpal away, Bagicha came back and stabbed him again from the back.
Pritpal Singh was immediately rushed to the hospital bleeding heavily from his wounds.
The trial continues with Bagicha Singh denying having attacked Pritpal Singh intentionally.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan