Elderly Sikh stabs drinker with sword in London
London: An elderly Sikh man stabbed a drinker in Britain with his kirpan or ceremonial sword, a court has heard.
Bagicha Singh, 60, has been accused of stabbing Pritpal Singh, 30, several times with the kirpan on Sunnyside Road at Ilford, a town northeast of greater London, the Ilford Recorder reported.
Pritpal Singh had been drinking in South Park and he became quite aggressive after hitting his leg on a metal pole, jurors at Snaresbrook Crown Court said Wednesday. They also added that his friends tried controlling him but he said that he would hit the next person he saw.
Pritpal Singh and his friends were on Sunnyside Road when he attacked Bagicha Singh who, in his defence, attacked Pritpal.
A friend of Pritpal Singh, Shahzad Hussain, said that Bagicha Singh started slashing Pritpal and when they tried to intervene, he stabbed him too. He also added that when they pulled Pritpal away, Bagicha came back and stabbed him again from the back.
Pritpal Singh was immediately rushed to the hospital bleeding heavily from his wounds.
The trial continues with Bagicha Singh denying having attacked Pritpal Singh intentionally.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list