Emirati police officer among 3 dead in Bahrain blast: UAE
Abu Dhabi: An Emirati police officer from a joint Gulf force in Bahrain was among three personnel killed on Monday in a bomb at a Shi`ite village near Manama, the UAE government said.
First Lieutenant Tariq al-Shehi died along with two members of the Bahraini police force "while performing his national duty of maintaining order," the United Arab Emirates` Interior Ministry said in a statement carried by WAM state news agency.
He is the first Gulf officer to be reported killed since forces from the region rolled into Bahrain in March 2011 to boost the kingdom`s security forces, which later quelled a month-long Shi`ite-led uprising.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker
- US Presidential Elections: Donald Trump will not ask donors to repay nearly $50 million in campaign loans
- 78 dead, 500 hurt by storms in eastern China
- Brexit poll: In or out? British bookmakers see more bets placed on Britain staying in European Union
- Day after 30 cows found dead, police chalks out plan to prevent smuggling
- Mathura violence: Two security staff of Ram Vriksh Yadav arrested