Emirati police officer among 3 dead in Bahrain blast: UAE
Abu Dhabi: An Emirati police officer from a joint Gulf force in Bahrain was among three personnel killed on Monday in a bomb at a Shi`ite village near Manama, the UAE government said.
First Lieutenant Tariq al-Shehi died along with two members of the Bahraini police force "while performing his national duty of maintaining order," the United Arab Emirates` Interior Ministry said in a statement carried by WAM state news agency.
He is the first Gulf officer to be reported killed since forces from the region rolled into Bahrain in March 2011 to boost the kingdom`s security forces, which later quelled a month-long Shi`ite-led uprising.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened