Emirati police officer among 3 dead in Bahrain blast: UAE
Abu Dhabi: An Emirati police officer from a joint Gulf force in Bahrain was among three personnel killed on Monday in a bomb at a Shi`ite village near Manama, the UAE government said.
First Lieutenant Tariq al-Shehi died along with two members of the Bahraini police force "while performing his national duty of maintaining order," the United Arab Emirates` Interior Ministry said in a statement carried by WAM state news agency.
He is the first Gulf officer to be reported killed since forces from the region rolled into Bahrain in March 2011 to boost the kingdom`s security forces, which later quelled a month-long Shi`ite-led uprising.
- Housing demand may pick up in next six months: Knight Frank
- Bizarre: This London restaurant promotes nudism; you can eat your meals here fully naked!
- Tata Group mulling over plan to launch wearables for yoga practioners, factory workers
- JNU sends show-cause to Umar for movie screening last year
- A vitamin that can decelerate ageing process!