Enrico Letta formally sworn in as Italian PM
Rome: Leftist moderate Enrico Letta was formally sworn in on Sunday as Italy`s new prime minister at the head of a coalition cabinet at a ceremony lead by President Giorgio Napolitano.
The cabinet`s 21 ministerial posts have gone to a mix of experts and institutional figures from across the political spectrum to form a "grand coalition" which brings to an end a damaging political deadlock left by inconclusive elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre