Ex-US vice president Cheney has heart transplant
Washington: Former US vice president Dick Cheney had a heart transplant surgery, his office said on Saturday.
The 71-year-old had surgery at Inova Fairfax Hospital in Falls Church, Virginia, Xinhua quoted a statement from his office as saying.
He had been on the cardiac transplant list for more than 20 months, it said.
His family don`t know the identity of the donor, but "they will be forever grateful for this lifesaving gift".
Cheney has a history of heart trouble, suffering at least five heart attacks since 1978. His first heart attack occurred when he was 37.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh addresses Parliament over Kashmir violence
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh addresses Parliament over Kashmir violence – Part II
- I am a Goddess for the weaker section which is making people angry: Mayawati
- Sacked BJP leader Dayashankar to be arrested soon for controversial remark on Mayawati
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only?
- This manatee is interested in paddleboarding – Watch video!
- Oscar Pistorius: Prosecutors seek longer sentence for tainted Paralympian
- 17.93 lakh candidates trained under PMKVY as on July 18
- NASA's new institute to explore ways to protect astronauts
- Finally! WhatsApp adds call back and voicemail features for Android