Ex-US vice president Cheney has heart transplant
Washington: Former US vice president Dick Cheney had a heart transplant surgery, his office said on Saturday.
The 71-year-old had surgery at Inova Fairfax Hospital in Falls Church, Virginia, Xinhua quoted a statement from his office as saying.
He had been on the cardiac transplant list for more than 20 months, it said.
His family don`t know the identity of the donor, but "they will be forever grateful for this lifesaving gift".
Cheney has a history of heart trouble, suffering at least five heart attacks since 1978. His first heart attack occurred when he was 37.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder