Ex-US vice president Cheney has heart transplant
Washington: Former US vice president Dick Cheney had a heart transplant surgery, his office said on Saturday.
The 71-year-old had surgery at Inova Fairfax Hospital in Falls Church, Virginia, Xinhua quoted a statement from his office as saying.
He had been on the cardiac transplant list for more than 20 months, it said.
His family don`t know the identity of the donor, but "they will be forever grateful for this lifesaving gift".
Cheney has a history of heart trouble, suffering at least five heart attacks since 1978. His first heart attack occurred when he was 37.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Europe to 'free up space' by kicking out tens of thousands of Pakistanis
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane
- I was shivering while interviewing Nirbhaya's friend, says Ramnath Goenka awardee Sudhir Chaudhary
- If India was intolerant, then Kiran Rao wouldn't have married Aamir Khan: Baba Ramdev