Facebook bans Oz cartoonist for Julia’s nude pic
Melbourne: A cartoonist in Australia has been banned from social networking site Facebook over a lewd drawing of the country’s Prime Minister Julia Gillard.
Larry Pickering, who shot to prominence as a cartoonist for several newspapers, told Facebook fans he couldn’t post for three days.
The source of the grief is a cartoon, still live on his blog, featuring a naked Gillard talking about the carbon tax, News.com.au reported.
The picture was far too obscene and offensive to post on a family website.
In the snap, Gillard is pictured bending over and holding the hand of a much smaller Penny Wong, and telling punters: “You’ll wake up on July 1st and nothing will have changed.”
The couple, trying to escape the towering PM, says: “Mmm... not even the f---ing temperature... come on dear.”
The cartoon has been doing the rounds for some months, but in response to his ban, Pickering posted last night: “Facebook’s taken me off air for 3 days. Means I can’t post for a while.”
“Complaints again from the arrogant Left here on Facebook,” he wrote.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends