Facebook bans Oz cartoonist for Julia’s nude pic
Melbourne: A cartoonist in Australia has been banned from social networking site Facebook over a lewd drawing of the country’s Prime Minister Julia Gillard.
Larry Pickering, who shot to prominence as a cartoonist for several newspapers, told Facebook fans he couldn’t post for three days.
The source of the grief is a cartoon, still live on his blog, featuring a naked Gillard talking about the carbon tax, News.com.au reported.
The picture was far too obscene and offensive to post on a family website.
In the snap, Gillard is pictured bending over and holding the hand of a much smaller Penny Wong, and telling punters: “You’ll wake up on July 1st and nothing will have changed.”
The couple, trying to escape the towering PM, says: “Mmm... not even the f---ing temperature... come on dear.”
The cartoon has been doing the rounds for some months, but in response to his ban, Pickering posted last night: “Facebook’s taken me off air for 3 days. Means I can’t post for a while.”
“Complaints again from the arrogant Left here on Facebook,” he wrote.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- Biharboard.ac.in & biharboard.bih.nic.in BSEB 12th Inter Arts Results 2016: Bihar Board Class 12 XII Intermediate Arts Results 2016 to be announced today on 25th May, 2016 at 3 PM
- Mbose.in HSSLC 12th Results 2016: Meghalaya Board (megresults.nic.in) class 12th HSSLC Arts exam results 2016, MBOSE to be declared today on May 25 at 10 AM
- Uttarakhand board Class 10th results 2016 to be declared today on May 25, 2016 at 11 AM
- Goa GBSHSE SSC Class 10th Results 2016 to be declared today May 25, 2016 at 3 PM
- Uttarakhand board Class 12th results 2016 to be declared today on May 25, 2016 at 11 AM