Facebook bans Oz cartoonist for Julia’s nude pic
Melbourne: A cartoonist in Australia has been banned from social networking site Facebook over a lewd drawing of the country’s Prime Minister Julia Gillard.
Larry Pickering, who shot to prominence as a cartoonist for several newspapers, told Facebook fans he couldn’t post for three days.
The source of the grief is a cartoon, still live on his blog, featuring a naked Gillard talking about the carbon tax, News.com.au reported.
The picture was far too obscene and offensive to post on a family website.
In the snap, Gillard is pictured bending over and holding the hand of a much smaller Penny Wong, and telling punters: “You’ll wake up on July 1st and nothing will have changed.”
The couple, trying to escape the towering PM, says: “Mmm... not even the f---ing temperature... come on dear.”
The cartoon has been doing the rounds for some months, but in response to his ban, Pickering posted last night: “Facebook’s taken me off air for 3 days. Means I can’t post for a while.”
“Complaints again from the arrogant Left here on Facebook,” he wrote.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks