Facebook bans Oz cartoonist for Julia’s nude pic
Melbourne: A cartoonist in Australia has been banned from social networking site Facebook over a lewd drawing of the country’s Prime Minister Julia Gillard.
Larry Pickering, who shot to prominence as a cartoonist for several newspapers, told Facebook fans he couldn’t post for three days.
The source of the grief is a cartoon, still live on his blog, featuring a naked Gillard talking about the carbon tax, News.com.au reported.
The picture was far too obscene and offensive to post on a family website.
In the snap, Gillard is pictured bending over and holding the hand of a much smaller Penny Wong, and telling punters: “You’ll wake up on July 1st and nothing will have changed.”
The couple, trying to escape the towering PM, says: “Mmm... not even the f---ing temperature... come on dear.”
The cartoon has been doing the rounds for some months, but in response to his ban, Pickering posted last night: “Facebook’s taken me off air for 3 days. Means I can’t post for a while.”
“Complaints again from the arrogant Left here on Facebook,” he wrote.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part II
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part III
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes?
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes? - Part II
- National Ranking to have separate parameters for IISERs: Smriti Irani
- Hizb commander who blasted Kashmir telecom towers killed
- Euro 2016: Roy Hodgson didn't expect England exit so early in the tournament
- Kazakhstan beats Thailand in race for Asian seat on Security Council
- The human body refreshes itself every seven years! - Watch video