Fierce storm leaves 20 states in US shivering
Des Moines: A winter storm in US that enveloped 20 states is now finally getting feeble as it approached the Northeast.
Heavy snowstorm is expected to hit the Great lakes region soon according to a CNN report.
Earlier about 270 flights in and out of Chicago`s two airports were cancelled on Thursday morning as the snowstorm moved across the US Midwest.
Numerous accidents and two deaths were being blamed on the icy, slushy roadways.
A medical helicopter crashed early Friday in Oklahoma City, killing two people on board and injuring a third. It was not immediately clear whether the conditions were a factor. The National Weather Service said conditions were clear at the time.
Meanwhile, all flights at Kansas City International Airport were cancelled last night and officials said they had prepared to reopen today morning.
On the other side of the state in St Louis, more than 320 flights at Lambert Airport were cancelled.
The storm brought some relief to a region that has been dealing with its worst drought in decades.
Vance Ehmke, a wheat farmer in Kansas, said the snow was "what we have been praying for".
With Agency Inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday