Fierce storm leaves 20 states in US shivering
Des Moines: A winter storm in US that enveloped 20 states is now finally getting feeble as it approached the Northeast.
Heavy snowstorm is expected to hit the Great lakes region soon according to a CNN report.
Earlier about 270 flights in and out of Chicago`s two airports were cancelled on Thursday morning as the snowstorm moved across the US Midwest.
Numerous accidents and two deaths were being blamed on the icy, slushy roadways.
A medical helicopter crashed early Friday in Oklahoma City, killing two people on board and injuring a third. It was not immediately clear whether the conditions were a factor. The National Weather Service said conditions were clear at the time.
Meanwhile, all flights at Kansas City International Airport were cancelled last night and officials said they had prepared to reopen today morning.
On the other side of the state in St Louis, more than 320 flights at Lambert Airport were cancelled.
The storm brought some relief to a region that has been dealing with its worst drought in decades.
Vance Ehmke, a wheat farmer in Kansas, said the snow was "what we have been praying for".
With Agency Inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends