Five die in helicopter crash in Romania
Bucharest (Romania): Authorities say five people have died, including three German citizens, after a helicopter crashed into a lake in northwest Romania shortly after takeoff.
Ovidiu Petru Oltean, the mayor of the town of Taureni where the crash occurred, said the helicopter crashed yesterday minutes after takeoff into a two-meter (6.6 feet) deep lake.
He said three unidentified German businessmen, Romanian businessman Sorin Terbea, and the pilot died in the crash. They had been visiting a wood manufacturing plant in the area.
Cristian Boeriu of the emergency services division said that four bodies had been retrieved from the lake and one was trapped in the helicopter.
A woman identified as Terbea`s assistant survived the crash is being treated in a hospital. Authorities are investigating the cause of the crash.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Discussion over if Pak is in fear of war after India's stringent initiative on Uri terror attack?
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray