Five killed in China road accident
Beijing: At least five people were killed when a motorised tricycle plunged into a 50-meter-deep valley in southwest China.
The accident took place yesterday when the motorised tricycle carrying seven people, including the driver, fell off Liangshan Road in Yuanmou County into a 50-metre-deep valley in Yunnan province.
Two persons were injured in the accident.
As a farming vehicle, the motorised tricycle is not allowed to carry passengers in China.
But in remote rural areas, farming vehicles are often used for passenger transport, state-run Xinhua news agency reported.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Kriti Sanon can't wait to watch 'MS Dhoni - The Untold Story'
- Indian women's hockey stars humiliated, made to sit on floor of train on way back home from Rio
- Donald Trump vows 'tracking system' to deport everyone whose visa expires
- Rockets fired at Turkey's Diyarbakir airport
- Colombia peace deal to be signed late September