Five killed in China road accident
Beijing: At least five people were killed when a motorised tricycle plunged into a 50-meter-deep valley in southwest China.
The accident took place yesterday when the motorised tricycle carrying seven people, including the driver, fell off Liangshan Road in Yuanmou County into a 50-metre-deep valley in Yunnan province.
Two persons were injured in the accident.
As a farming vehicle, the motorised tricycle is not allowed to carry passengers in China.
But in remote rural areas, farming vehicles are often used for passenger transport, state-run Xinhua news agency reported.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?