Foreign worker in Israel killed by Gaza mortar: Police
Jerusalem: A foreign worker in southern Israel died after being hit by a mortar round fired from the Gaza Strip, police said on Wednesday.
"There was a foreign worker killed by a mortar," police spokesman Micky Rosenfeld told AFP, bringing the number of civilians in Israel killed by Gaza fire to three in 16 days of violence.
Around 650 Palestinians and 29 Israeli soldiers have also been killed in the Gaza fighting which began on July 8.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Apple boosts health while Microsoft revs machine smarts
- Pfizer boosts cancer drug roster with $14 billion Medivation deal
- OP Jaisha's ordeal: Marathon runner demands enquiry after AFI says she refused to avail energy drinks
- Pokemon Go fever fading in United States
- Big three leaders insist EU not finished after Brexit