Four die in Egypt clashes after man killed by police
Cairo: Egypt`s Health Ministry says overnight clashes between police and residents of a densely populated district just north of Cairo have left four people dead.
Security officials say the clashes began when a bystander in Shubra al-Kheima was hit by a stray bullet fired by police chasing an alleged drug dealer. They began last night and continued till Sunday.
The ministry said in a statement that the 12 wounded included two officers and a police conscript.
Clashes between police and civilians have been common since the ouster of autocratic leader Hosni Mubarak in an uprising nearly two years ago.
Police brutality was one of the major causes of the 2011 uprising.
The officials spoke anonymously as they were not authorised to talk to the press.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Trinamool Congress activist was part of Pak ISI spy ring?
- WATCH: Pakistan vs England, 3rd T20: Complete highlights
- SP leader Azam Khan stirs fresh controversy, says RSS leaders are homosexuals
- Priyanka Chopra’s sex scene from ‘Quantico’ goes viral – Watch video