French First Lady Valerie Trierweiler`s first official visit to India after Francois Hollande`s scandal
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Weeks after scandalous report of French President Francois Hollande`s alleged affair with an actress was published, France`s First lady Valerie Trierweiler is set to visit India on Sunday.
The Mumbai visit will be Trierweiler`s first public visit after the scandal.
The 48-year-old will be visiting Mumbai as part of the French aid agency, Action Against Hunger and is scheduled to visit a slum and attend charity gala dinner at a hotel.
The visit comes weeks after Trierweiler was hospitalised soon after news of Hollande`s alleged affair with 41-year-old actress Juliet Gayet. The France`s First Lady took "a pill too many" and was suffering from nervous exhaustion and low blood pressure, as per local media reports.
While Hollande has maintained silence over the entire episode, reports stated that he has decided to continue his relationship with Trierweiler and end his affair.
Holland and Trierweiler have been partners since 2005 after he left Segolene Royal, with whom he has fathered four children.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Live: Jayalalithaa passes away after suffering cardiac arrest; Panneerselvam takes oath as new CM of Tamil Nadu
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what