G7 in Brussels to replace G8 summit in Sochi: Van Rompuy
The Hague: G7 leaders on Monday decided to exclude Russia from the next summit of richest nations as punishment for absorbing Crimea, European President Herman van Rompuy said.
Leaders at crisis talks called by US President Barack Obama in The Hague agreed not to attend a G8 meeting in Sochi in June and instead meet without Russia in Brussels, Van Rompuy said in a tweet.
The G7 said it wanted "to reassure NATO members and those bordering" Russia, and called for economic reforms in Ukraine.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Disruption of Parliament not acceptable, for God's sake, do your job: President Pranab Mukherjee to MPs