G7 in Brussels to replace G8 summit in Sochi: Van Rompuy
The Hague: G7 leaders on Monday decided to exclude Russia from the next summit of richest nations as punishment for absorbing Crimea, European President Herman van Rompuy said.
Leaders at crisis talks called by US President Barack Obama in The Hague agreed not to attend a G8 meeting in Sochi in June and instead meet without Russia in Brussels, Van Rompuy said in a tweet.
The G7 said it wanted "to reassure NATO members and those bordering" Russia, and called for economic reforms in Ukraine.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!