G7 in Brussels to replace G8 summit in Sochi: Van Rompuy
The Hague: G7 leaders on Monday decided to exclude Russia from the next summit of richest nations as punishment for absorbing Crimea, European President Herman van Rompuy said.
Leaders at crisis talks called by US President Barack Obama in The Hague agreed not to attend a G8 meeting in Sochi in June and instead meet without Russia in Brussels, Van Rompuy said in a tweet.
The G7 said it wanted "to reassure NATO members and those bordering" Russia, and called for economic reforms in Ukraine.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India