Gas leakage in Saudi refinery kills 1
Riyadh: The official Saudi press agency says one person has been killed in a gas leakage accident in Saudi Aramco`s Jiddah refinery.
SPA said the accident took place today during a routine maintenance and that the "limited" leakage was immediately stopped and the accident has not affected the company`s operations.
It gave no further details about the incident but said an investigation about the cause of the leakage was underway.
An Aramco official in Jiddah said the leaked gas was poisonous hydrogen sulfide, which also nearly suffocated three other employees who were taken to a hospital.
The official, who spoke on condition of anonymity because he is not authorised to brief the media, confirmed that the refinery works have not been affected by the accident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi addresses public meeting in Kozhikode
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US