Geithner to visit India later this month
Washington: Aiming to further expand the bilateral economic engagement, US Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner would travel to New Delhi and Mumbai later this month for the third annual meet of the US-India Economic and Financial Partnership.
Geithner would be in New Delhi on June 27 and would travel to Mumbai on June 28.
In Mumbai, he would meet the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) Governor, Duvvuri Subbarao, and the business leaders from a variety of industries.
"The US-India Economic and Financial Partnership has served as a platform for greater cooperation on economic issues of importance to both nations," the Treasury Department said in a statement.
"Both countries recognize the importance of expanding bilateral economic engagement, noting the rapid growth of US-India economic ties and the increasing range of global macroeconomic and financial issues on which the United States and India cooperate," it said.
Partnership activities over the last three years have focused on three broad areas macroeconomic policy, the financial sector, and infrastructure financing, the Treasury said.
Cabinet-level meetings, alternately held in the United States and India, have been led by Geithner and Mukherjee.
"Working group meetings held throughout the year have advanced discussions on specific economic areas.
In addition to discussing these activities, Secretary Geithner will also discuss issues related to illicit finance, including the implementation of international sanctions," the statement said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- IIT Kharagpur students design racing car to compete in Russia
- IRCTC to offer Rs 10 lakh insurance cover for Re 1
- WATCH: TERRIFYING! Ten times Brock Lesnar showed no mercy to his WWE opponents
- Why locals in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir are protesting against Nawaz Sharif's PML(N), ISI – Watch video
- Akshay Kumar to start Divya Khosla's next in September
- Woman killed for dowry in Etah; husband, five others booked
- Three charred to death as bus catches fire in Karnataka