Greek President to host talks with PM, opposition
Athens: Greece`s President is to convene a meeting between the country`s embattled Prime Minister and the head of the main opposition party in an attempt to broker power-sharing talks and find a way out of a severe political crisis, as pressure mounts to ensure the country avoids bankruptcy.
The President`s office said the meeting would be held at 8:30 pm (1830GMT) on Sunday with the Premier, George Papandreou, and opposition head Antonis Samaras.
Papandreou survived a confidence vote in his government on Saturday, and has said he will step aside if agreement can be reached on the formation of an interim government that will secure a new European debt deal for Greece. Samaras has set Papandreou`s resignation as a condition for participating in any talks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'