Greek President to host talks with PM, opposition
Athens: Greece`s President is to convene a meeting between the country`s embattled Prime Minister and the head of the main opposition party in an attempt to broker power-sharing talks and find a way out of a severe political crisis, as pressure mounts to ensure the country avoids bankruptcy.
The President`s office said the meeting would be held at 8:30 pm (1830GMT) on Sunday with the Premier, George Papandreou, and opposition head Antonis Samaras.
Papandreou survived a confidence vote in his government on Saturday, and has said he will step aside if agreement can be reached on the formation of an interim government that will secure a new European debt deal for Greece. Samaras has set Papandreou`s resignation as a condition for participating in any talks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details