Heatwave in Australia, emergency services on alert
Sydney: Emergency and fire services in Australia have been put on high alert as temperatures are predicted to go over 40 degrees Celsius in large parts of the country, Xinhua reported on Thursday.
According to the Bureau of Meteorology, a severe heatwave has already settled over the northern parts of South Australia state and the south of Northern Territory. And the temperature is forecast to reach 46 degrees in Tarcoola town in South Australia`s north-west on Friday and 47 degrees on Monday.
Since Friday, Adelaide city has been witnessing temperatures of 41-42 degrees Celsius. The temperatures are expected to soar up to the 40s in Victoria`s north on Thursday and are expected to stay that high until early next week.
As a cold wave grips much of the northern hemisphere, the hot, northerly winds are also spreading further into western Queensland and New South Wales, Victoria and Tasmania. Temperatures will remain above 40 degrees Celsius for the next six or seven days in many other inland parts of Australia.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read