Hindus want EU intervention on Roma discrimination in Romania
Nevada: The USA has expressed ‘major concern’ regarding discrimination against Roma in Romania.
In its annual ‘Human Rights Report’ about Romania issued recently, US Department of State says: “Roma faced persistent poverty and had poor access to government services, few employment opportunities, high rates of school attrition, inadequate health care, and pervasive discrimination.”
Rajan Zed, acclaimed Hindu statesman, and Rabbi Jonathan B Freirich, prominent Jewish leader in Nevada and California in USA, in a statement issued in Nevada on Sunday, said that condition of Roma in Romania had most of the signs of an “apartheid”.
It was now time for European Union to urgently intervene in Romania and do something “concrete and real” for Roma upliftment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists?
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part II
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part III
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part IV
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families?
- READ! Facts about the 'carpenter' Kusal Mendis who made history against Australia
- Shocking: MP police ask three accused to remove clothes in lock-up – Know what happens next
- Burhan Wani may have been spared, hints J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti
- ASUS unveils new ''ROG'' gaming desktop; price starts Rs 1.85 lakh
- 'Dishoom' mania: Jacqueline Fernandez can work with Rohit Dhawan a 'million times over'