Hindus want EU intervention on Roma discrimination in Romania
Nevada: The USA has expressed ‘major concern’ regarding discrimination against Roma in Romania.
In its annual ‘Human Rights Report’ about Romania issued recently, US Department of State says: “Roma faced persistent poverty and had poor access to government services, few employment opportunities, high rates of school attrition, inadequate health care, and pervasive discrimination.”
Rajan Zed, acclaimed Hindu statesman, and Rabbi Jonathan B Freirich, prominent Jewish leader in Nevada and California in USA, in a statement issued in Nevada on Sunday, said that condition of Roma in Romania had most of the signs of an “apartheid”.
It was now time for European Union to urgently intervene in Romania and do something “concrete and real” for Roma upliftment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users