Hindus want EU intervention on Roma discrimination in Romania
Nevada: The USA has expressed ‘major concern’ regarding discrimination against Roma in Romania.
In its annual ‘Human Rights Report’ about Romania issued recently, US Department of State says: “Roma faced persistent poverty and had poor access to government services, few employment opportunities, high rates of school attrition, inadequate health care, and pervasive discrimination.”
Rajan Zed, acclaimed Hindu statesman, and Rabbi Jonathan B Freirich, prominent Jewish leader in Nevada and California in USA, in a statement issued in Nevada on Sunday, said that condition of Roma in Romania had most of the signs of an “apartheid”.
It was now time for European Union to urgently intervene in Romania and do something “concrete and real” for Roma upliftment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price