Cairo: Egyptian state media on Saturday said top security officials are testifying behind closed doors in the retrial of ex-president Hosni Mubarak, who faces charges related to the killings of around 900 protesters during the 2011 uprising that led to his ouster.
The 85-year-old former autocrat was previously convicted of failing to stop the killings, but that was overturned on appeals earlier this year.
The state-owned Nile TV says two security officials, including former intelligence chief Murad Muwafi, took the stand in today`s court session.
The presiding judge previously ordered that testimony of security officials take place under a media blackout for reasons of national security.
In addition to Mubarak, six top police officials and the former interior minister, who oversaw Egypt`s feared police for more than a decade, are on trial.