Hosni Mubarak trial resumes in Egypt behind closed doors
Cairo: Egyptian state media on Saturday said top security officials are testifying behind closed doors in the retrial of ex-president Hosni Mubarak, who faces charges related to the killings of around 900 protesters during the 2011 uprising that led to his ouster.
The 85-year-old former autocrat was previously convicted of failing to stop the killings, but that was overturned on appeals earlier this year.
The state-owned Nile TV says two security officials, including former intelligence chief Murad Muwafi, took the stand in today`s court session.
The presiding judge previously ordered that testimony of security officials take place under a media blackout for reasons of national security.
In addition to Mubarak, six top police officials and the former interior minister, who oversaw Egypt`s feared police for more than a decade, are on trial.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Salman Khan rules 2015 Bollywood Box Office – here’s why