House leader: US should help Iraq
Washington: The leader of the US House of Representatives says the United States should provide more equipment and other aid to the Iraqi government in its battle against al Qaeda militants. But he also says US troops should not be sent back there now.
Republican Speaker John Boehner told reporters today that President Barack Obama must get more involved in helping Iraq fight terrorist groups.
He said progress the US made there before withdrawing its troops is being threatened, and has been reversed in Fallujah, where al Qaeda-linked moderates have seized control.
Boehner did not specify what aid the US should provide, mentioning only equipment and other services.
Asked directly whether he thought US troops should be sent back to Iraq, he said he does not think that should happen "at this point in time."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Virat Kohli vs Sachin Tendulkar: Who is a better cricketer? Read what Virender Sehwag has to say