House leader: US should help Iraq
Washington: The leader of the US House of Representatives says the United States should provide more equipment and other aid to the Iraqi government in its battle against al Qaeda militants. But he also says US troops should not be sent back there now.
Republican Speaker John Boehner told reporters today that President Barack Obama must get more involved in helping Iraq fight terrorist groups.
He said progress the US made there before withdrawing its troops is being threatened, and has been reversed in Fallujah, where al Qaeda-linked moderates have seized control.
Boehner did not specify what aid the US should provide, mentioning only equipment and other services.
Asked directly whether he thought US troops should be sent back to Iraq, he said he does not think that should happen "at this point in time."
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Trinamool Congress activist was part of Pak ISI spy ring?
- WATCH: Pakistan vs England, 3rd T20: Complete highlights
- SP leader Azam Khan stirs fresh controversy, says RSS leaders are homosexuals
- Priyanka Chopra’s sex scene from ‘Quantico’ goes viral – Watch video