Human remains mailed to Canada schools
Vancouver: Human remains were discovered in separate packages mailed to two schools in this Canadian city on Tuesday afternoon, police said.
It remains unclear if the packages are related to the dismemberment of a Montreal Chinese student, reported Xinhua.
Warren Lemcke, deputy chief of the Investigation Division of the Vancouver Police Department, said the first package containing what appeared to be a human hand was opened by a staff member at False Creek Elementary School shortly after 1 pm on Tuesday.
Another package containing what appeared to be a human foot was found by staff members at St George`s School later Tuesday afternoon.
"The remains will be examined by the coroner and there is no indication of an identity at this stage in the investigation," he said.
"The investigation will centre on identifying the victim and from where the packages were mailed. Investigators will liaise with any outside police agencies as required," he said.
He said it is not clear if the packages are connected to the killing of Montreal university student Jun Lin.
Lin was allegedly killed and dismembered by Canadian porn actor Luka Rocco Magnotta in Montreal in late May. Magnotta mailed the body parts to two of Canada`s top political parties before fleeing to Europe, and was arrested by police in Berlin on Monday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Exercise, healthy food prevent knee pain in adults with diabetes
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'