IAEA inspectors arrive in Iran
Tehran: A team of inspectors from the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) arrived in Tehran Monday for talks and visits to some of Iran`s nuclear facilities, a media report said.
IAEA Deputy Director-General Massimo Aparo will discuss seven major topics with Iran`s nuclear officials, particularly Iran`s Arak heavy water reactor, IRNA news agency reported.
Aparo and his team of inspectors will visit Saghand uranium mine in Yazd province in Central Iran and Ardakan Yellowcake production -- uranium ore concentrate processing -- plant in the same province during their two-day visit to the country.
Aparo`s team will also discuss a report on Iran`s implementation of the first step of the Geneva nuclear deal signed between Iran and P5+1 group, namely Britain, China, France, Russia and the US plus Germany, in November last year, according to Behrouz Kamalvandi, spokesman of the Atomic Energy Organisation of Iran (AEOI).
A new round of talks between Iran and the P5+1 group will start Tuesday in New York to discuss Tehran`s nuclear energy programme, head of Iran`s nuclear negotiating team Hamid Baeidinejad said Monday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- DNA: Will multi-level car parking system across India help reduce traffic jams?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city