IAEA inspectors arrive in Iran
Tehran: A team of inspectors from the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) arrived in Tehran Monday for talks and visits to some of Iran`s nuclear facilities, a media report said.
IAEA Deputy Director-General Massimo Aparo will discuss seven major topics with Iran`s nuclear officials, particularly Iran`s Arak heavy water reactor, IRNA news agency reported.
Aparo and his team of inspectors will visit Saghand uranium mine in Yazd province in Central Iran and Ardakan Yellowcake production -- uranium ore concentrate processing -- plant in the same province during their two-day visit to the country.
Aparo`s team will also discuss a report on Iran`s implementation of the first step of the Geneva nuclear deal signed between Iran and P5+1 group, namely Britain, China, France, Russia and the US plus Germany, in November last year, according to Behrouz Kamalvandi, spokesman of the Atomic Energy Organisation of Iran (AEOI).
A new round of talks between Iran and the P5+1 group will start Tuesday in New York to discuss Tehran`s nuclear energy programme, head of Iran`s nuclear negotiating team Hamid Baeidinejad said Monday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- Cricket in America: India-West Indies to play three T20Is in Florida in late August
- My film choices are erratic: Varun Dhawan
- Watch: 'Kumkum Bhagya' Episode 630—Pragya still loves Abhi, tries to win him back!
- Xiaomi Redmi Pro to be launched today; Is Mi Notebook on the way too?
- Income Tax raid at AAP legislator's residence