ICC treatment of Africa `totally unacceptable`: Ethiopia
Addis Ababa: Ethiopia`s Foreign Minister slammed the International Criminal Court on Friday for its "unfair" and "totally unacceptable" treatment of Africa, as a special African Union summit on relations with the court opened.
"The manner in which the Court has been operating, particularly its unfair treatment of Africa and Africans, leaves much to be desired," Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus told ministers and delegates at the opening of the two-day meeting.
"Far from promoting justice and reconciliation... The court has transformed itself into a political instrument. This unfair and unjust treatment is totally unacceptable," he said of The Hague-based court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- Debris in Tanzania to be examined for link to missing MH370: Report
- Religious tensions bristle in Myanmar village after mosque destroyed
- After IITs, HRD Ministry hikes fees in NITs, IISERs
- Was Test captain Virat Kohli overruled by BCCI, CAC in India coach appointment?
- Swami Prasad Maurya is a traitor: Mayawati