ICC treatment of Africa `totally unacceptable`: Ethiopia
Addis Ababa: Ethiopia`s Foreign Minister slammed the International Criminal Court on Friday for its "unfair" and "totally unacceptable" treatment of Africa, as a special African Union summit on relations with the court opened.
"The manner in which the Court has been operating, particularly its unfair treatment of Africa and Africans, leaves much to be desired," Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus told ministers and delegates at the opening of the two-day meeting.
"Far from promoting justice and reconciliation... The court has transformed itself into a political instrument. This unfair and unjust treatment is totally unacceptable," he said of The Hague-based court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan