ICC treatment of Africa `totally unacceptable`: Ethiopia
Addis Ababa: Ethiopia`s Foreign Minister slammed the International Criminal Court on Friday for its "unfair" and "totally unacceptable" treatment of Africa, as a special African Union summit on relations with the court opened.
"The manner in which the Court has been operating, particularly its unfair treatment of Africa and Africans, leaves much to be desired," Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus told ministers and delegates at the opening of the two-day meeting.
"Far from promoting justice and reconciliation... The court has transformed itself into a political instrument. This unfair and unjust treatment is totally unacceptable," he said of The Hague-based court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- 'Second Hand Husband' review: Fails to impress