International envoys renew effort to engage Iran
Brussels: International negotiators are renewing efforts to engage Iran over concerns the country is developing nuclear weapons.
Helga Schmid, the deputy director of the European Union`s diplomatic corps, spoke on the phone on Wednesday with Iranian deputy nuclear negotiator, Ali Bagheri, to discuss dates and venues for a new meeting with Iranian negotiators, an EU official said.
The official said the six countries negotiating with Iran remain united in seeking a diplomatic solution to the nuclear issue. The countries are France, Germany, Britain, China, Russia and the United States. The official spoke on condition of anonymity because he was not authorised to discuss the matter.
Iran says its nuclear programme is peaceful, but the international community is demanding proof.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'