International envoys renew effort to engage Iran
Brussels: International negotiators are renewing efforts to engage Iran over concerns the country is developing nuclear weapons.
Helga Schmid, the deputy director of the European Union`s diplomatic corps, spoke on the phone on Wednesday with Iranian deputy nuclear negotiator, Ali Bagheri, to discuss dates and venues for a new meeting with Iranian negotiators, an EU official said.
The official said the six countries negotiating with Iran remain united in seeking a diplomatic solution to the nuclear issue. The countries are France, Germany, Britain, China, Russia and the United States. The official spoke on condition of anonymity because he was not authorised to discuss the matter.
Iran says its nuclear programme is peaceful, but the international community is demanding proof.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy