Iran accepts EU invitation for more nuclear talks
Tehran: Iran has accepted the European Union`s proposal for more talks about the country`s controversial nuclear program.
A round of talks in Istanbul in January collapsed after Iran said it wouldn`t freeze uranium enrichment.
EU`s foreign policy chief, Catherine Ashton, said at the time that no new talks were planned but that world powers remained open to more discussions.
Iran`s state TV says top nuclear negotiator Saeed Jalili sent a reply to Ashton suggesting more talks.
Tuesday`s report says Jalili told Ashton the talks should be aimed at "cooperation over mutual points." He also said they should be fair, "respect rights of nations and avoid pressure."
The US and its European allies suspect Iran is pursuing a nuclear weapon, a charge Iran denies.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Minor girl allegedly gang-raped in Mumbai
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!
- Here’s how you can make sex steamy, longer!