Iran accepts EU invitation for more nuclear talks
Tehran: Iran has accepted the European Union`s proposal for more talks about the country`s controversial nuclear program.
A round of talks in Istanbul in January collapsed after Iran said it wouldn`t freeze uranium enrichment.
EU`s foreign policy chief, Catherine Ashton, said at the time that no new talks were planned but that world powers remained open to more discussions.
Iran`s state TV says top nuclear negotiator Saeed Jalili sent a reply to Ashton suggesting more talks.
Tuesday`s report says Jalili told Ashton the talks should be aimed at "cooperation over mutual points." He also said they should be fair, "respect rights of nations and avoid pressure."
The US and its European allies suspect Iran is pursuing a nuclear weapon, a charge Iran denies.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets
- After Jayalalithaa, Sasikala Natarajan holds all cards – Know more about her