Iran accepts EU invitation for more nuclear talks
Tehran: Iran has accepted the European Union`s proposal for more talks about the country`s controversial nuclear program.
A round of talks in Istanbul in January collapsed after Iran said it wouldn`t freeze uranium enrichment.
EU`s foreign policy chief, Catherine Ashton, said at the time that no new talks were planned but that world powers remained open to more discussions.
Iran`s state TV says top nuclear negotiator Saeed Jalili sent a reply to Ashton suggesting more talks.
Tuesday`s report says Jalili told Ashton the talks should be aimed at "cooperation over mutual points." He also said they should be fair, "respect rights of nations and avoid pressure."
The US and its European allies suspect Iran is pursuing a nuclear weapon, a charge Iran denies.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'