Iran condemns US` nuclear test
Moscow: Tehran has condemned the US over a recent sub-critical nuclear test as a threat to peace and stability, the IRNA news agency reported.
Iranian Foreign Ministry spokesperson Ramin Mehmanparast said the test showed Washington`s hypocrisy as it still relies on weapons of mass destruction.
The test, known as Pollux, was conducted by the Nevada National Security Site, the Los Alamos National Laboratory, and Sandia National Laboratories Wednesday.
The US National Nuclear Security Administration said the 27th subcritical experiment was conducted to ensure that Washington "can support a safe, secure and effective stockpile" of nuclear weapons.
An Iranian lawmaker said the test has once again demonstrated Washington`s `aggressive nature."
Hossein Naqavi Hosseini, spokesperson for the Majlis (parliament) National Security and Foreign Policy Committee, said the test shows the US is still making efforts to produce and proliferate nuclear weapons."
The test has drawn sharp criticism from residents of Hiroshima and Nagasaki, the only cities that have ever been attacked with nuclear weapons.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- BSF, Pakistan Rangers to hold DG-level talks in Islamabad next week
- Colossal buzz! Karan Johar mighty impressed with Riteish Deshmukh's 'Banjo'- See teaser poster
- India, US solar case: WTO appellate body's ruling in mid-Sept
- Gal Gadot plays the new DC superhero- 'Wonder Woman'! Watch trailer
- IMF flags decelerating pace of reforms in India; lists six areas for further reforms