Iran condemns US` nuclear test
Moscow: Tehran has condemned the US over a recent sub-critical nuclear test as a threat to peace and stability, the IRNA news agency reported.
Iranian Foreign Ministry spokesperson Ramin Mehmanparast said the test showed Washington`s hypocrisy as it still relies on weapons of mass destruction.
The test, known as Pollux, was conducted by the Nevada National Security Site, the Los Alamos National Laboratory, and Sandia National Laboratories Wednesday.
The US National Nuclear Security Administration said the 27th subcritical experiment was conducted to ensure that Washington "can support a safe, secure and effective stockpile" of nuclear weapons.
An Iranian lawmaker said the test has once again demonstrated Washington`s `aggressive nature."
Hossein Naqavi Hosseini, spokesperson for the Majlis (parliament) National Security and Foreign Policy Committee, said the test shows the US is still making efforts to produce and proliferate nuclear weapons."
The test has drawn sharp criticism from residents of Hiroshima and Nagasaki, the only cities that have ever been attacked with nuclear weapons.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Watch: PM Modi addresses rally in Moradabad, UP - Part II
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what