Iran condemns US` nuclear test
Moscow: Tehran has condemned the US over a recent sub-critical nuclear test as a threat to peace and stability, the IRNA news agency reported.
Iranian Foreign Ministry spokesperson Ramin Mehmanparast said the test showed Washington`s hypocrisy as it still relies on weapons of mass destruction.
The test, known as Pollux, was conducted by the Nevada National Security Site, the Los Alamos National Laboratory, and Sandia National Laboratories Wednesday.
The US National Nuclear Security Administration said the 27th subcritical experiment was conducted to ensure that Washington "can support a safe, secure and effective stockpile" of nuclear weapons.
An Iranian lawmaker said the test has once again demonstrated Washington`s `aggressive nature."
Hossein Naqavi Hosseini, spokesperson for the Majlis (parliament) National Security and Foreign Policy Committee, said the test shows the US is still making efforts to produce and proliferate nuclear weapons."
The test has drawn sharp criticism from residents of Hiroshima and Nagasaki, the only cities that have ever been attacked with nuclear weapons.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Watch: Hafiz Saeed warns India of more terror attacks
- DNA: Army declares all soldiers in Siachen avalanche dead
- DNA: Indian Navy set to conduct International Fleet Review 2016
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Ahead of 'Kashmir Solidarity Day', Hafiz Saeed's JuD releases controversial video featuring Pakistani Army chief
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Ten Army soldiers missing in Siachen avalanche presumed dead; PM Modi 'salutes' martyrs
- VIDEO: Ambidextrous Sri Lankan Kamindu Mendis bowling with both hands
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review