Iran condemns US` nuclear test
Moscow: Tehran has condemned the US over a recent sub-critical nuclear test as a threat to peace and stability, the IRNA news agency reported.
Iranian Foreign Ministry spokesperson Ramin Mehmanparast said the test showed Washington`s hypocrisy as it still relies on weapons of mass destruction.
The test, known as Pollux, was conducted by the Nevada National Security Site, the Los Alamos National Laboratory, and Sandia National Laboratories Wednesday.
The US National Nuclear Security Administration said the 27th subcritical experiment was conducted to ensure that Washington "can support a safe, secure and effective stockpile" of nuclear weapons.
An Iranian lawmaker said the test has once again demonstrated Washington`s `aggressive nature."
Hossein Naqavi Hosseini, spokesperson for the Majlis (parliament) National Security and Foreign Policy Committee, said the test shows the US is still making efforts to produce and proliferate nuclear weapons."
The test has drawn sharp criticism from residents of Hiroshima and Nagasaki, the only cities that have ever been attacked with nuclear weapons.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- DNA: Analysing the derogatory remarks made by Chinese Newspaper on Indians
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption