Iran confirms detention of Washington Post reporter
Tehran: An Iranian judicial official has confirmed the detention of Washington Post`s Tehran correspondent, Jason Rezaian, a media report said Saturday.
"The probe into the case is still in the preliminary stage, and information on that can be made public only after technical investigations and interrogation," Press TV quoted the official as saying Friday.
Rezaian, 38, along with his wife Yeganeh Salehi, and two other American freelance journalists were detained in Tehran Tuesday.
Both Rezaian and Salehi has dual US-Iranian nationality.
However, Iran does not recognise dual citizenship.
Rezaian has been the Post`s correspondent in Tehran since 2012, and Salehi works as a correspondent for the United Arab Emirates-based newspaper, the National.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Uttar Pradesh CM Akhilesh Yadav told Mulayam Singh's brother Shivpal that he would float new party?
- Tata Sons removes Cyrus Mistry as Chairman; Ratan Tata interim boss for 4 months
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- At 500 kilograms, is this 36-year-old the world's heaviest woman?