Iran confirms detention of Washington Post reporter
Tehran: An Iranian judicial official has confirmed the detention of Washington Post`s Tehran correspondent, Jason Rezaian, a media report said Saturday.
"The probe into the case is still in the preliminary stage, and information on that can be made public only after technical investigations and interrogation," Press TV quoted the official as saying Friday.
Rezaian, 38, along with his wife Yeganeh Salehi, and two other American freelance journalists were detained in Tehran Tuesday.
Both Rezaian and Salehi has dual US-Iranian nationality.
However, Iran does not recognise dual citizenship.
Rezaian has been the Post`s correspondent in Tehran since 2012, and Salehi works as a correspondent for the United Arab Emirates-based newspaper, the National.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- Jon Bon Jovi meets cancer patient, gifts her guitar
- GoAir announces heavy Monsoon bonanza; fly as low as Rs 849
- ICSI CS foundation programme exam 2016 result to be declared today on June 29. Check icsi.examresults.net
- Jay Leno survives accident
- REVEALED: Why Kumar Sangakkara left Sachin Tendulkar out of his All Time XI