Iran confirms detention of Washington Post reporter
Tehran: An Iranian judicial official has confirmed the detention of Washington Post`s Tehran correspondent, Jason Rezaian, a media report said Saturday.
"The probe into the case is still in the preliminary stage, and information on that can be made public only after technical investigations and interrogation," Press TV quoted the official as saying Friday.
Rezaian, 38, along with his wife Yeganeh Salehi, and two other American freelance journalists were detained in Tehran Tuesday.
Both Rezaian and Salehi has dual US-Iranian nationality.
However, Iran does not recognise dual citizenship.
Rezaian has been the Post`s correspondent in Tehran since 2012, and Salehi works as a correspondent for the United Arab Emirates-based newspaper, the National.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown