Iran confirms detention of Washington Post reporter
Tehran: An Iranian judicial official has confirmed the detention of Washington Post`s Tehran correspondent, Jason Rezaian, a media report said Saturday.
"The probe into the case is still in the preliminary stage, and information on that can be made public only after technical investigations and interrogation," Press TV quoted the official as saying Friday.
Rezaian, 38, along with his wife Yeganeh Salehi, and two other American freelance journalists were detained in Tehran Tuesday.
Both Rezaian and Salehi has dual US-Iranian nationality.
However, Iran does not recognise dual citizenship.
Rezaian has been the Post`s correspondent in Tehran since 2012, and Salehi works as a correspondent for the United Arab Emirates-based newspaper, the National.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore