Iran eyes N-fuel to power ships
Tehran: Iran will use nuclear fuel to power its merchant vessels, an Iranian MP said Tuesday.
The Western sanctions have forced Iran to use nuclear fuel as a substitute for fossil fuel, Xinhua quoted MP Allahverdi Dehqani as saying.
This will allow the vessels to undertake long-distance voyages without refuelling, said Dehqani, also a member of parliament`s industries and mines committee.
Western sanctions ban other countries from refuelling Iranian ships.
"The government should enrich uranium to the necessary level to supply fuel for such ships since we cannot cut our trade relations with other countries," Dehqani said.
The European Union and the US have recently tightened sanctions on Tehran, fearing Iran may use its civilian nuclear programme as a cover to develop nuclear bombs.
An European oil embargo has been in force since July 1.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman