Iran hangs two for attack posted on YouTube
Tehran: Iran state radio says two men have been hanged publicly after posting a video on YouTube showing them robbing and assaulting a man with a machete on a Tehran street.
The execution was carried out today after officials called for a speedy investigation and trial because of public outrage.
The video emerged in early December and was later shown on state TV.
The two men, both 24, were convicted of "waging war against God”, a broad charge that can cover actions ranging from anti-state organising to violent assaults.
The semi-official ISNA news agency says nearly 300 people witnessed the hangings.
ISNA said two accomplices received sentences that included 10 years in prison and 74 lashes each.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog