Iran launches new cruise missile production line
Tehran: Iran`s Defence Minister has announced a new production line of highly accurate, long range cruise missiles capable of evading radar.
General Ahmad Vahidi told state TV on Sunday that the missile named Nasr 1 (Victory) will be capable of destroying targets up to 100 tons in size.
The missile is launched from the surface but will eventually be modified to be fired from helicopters and submarines, he said.
Iran frequently makes announcements about new advances in military technology that cannot be independently verified.
Iran began a military self-sufficiency program in 1992, under which it produces a large range of weapons, including tanks, medium range missiles, jet fighters and torpedoes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH