Iran launches new cruise missile production line
Tehran: Iran`s Defence Minister has announced a new production line of highly accurate, long range cruise missiles capable of evading radar.
General Ahmad Vahidi told state TV on Sunday that the missile named Nasr 1 (Victory) will be capable of destroying targets up to 100 tons in size.
The missile is launched from the surface but will eventually be modified to be fired from helicopters and submarines, he said.
Iran frequently makes announcements about new advances in military technology that cannot be independently verified.
Iran began a military self-sufficiency program in 1992, under which it produces a large range of weapons, including tanks, medium range missiles, jet fighters and torpedoes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren