‘Iran, Saudi Arabia helped carry out 9/11’
London: Iran and Saudi Arabia helped al Qaeda carry out September 11 attacks, a new book has claimed.
Two authors, Anthony Summers and Robbyn Swan, who have analysed thousands of documents relating to the attack, produced a compelling argument that both countries were complicit in the attacks.
The book titled ‘The Eleventh Day’ also questioned whether former US President George W Bush deliberately withheld evidence linking foreign countries with the attack on the Twin Towers in New York, a newspaper reported.
The book pointed towards a court document called the Havlish memorandum, which was produced during a civil action brought against Iran by Fiona Havlish, the widow of an insurance consultant who was killed WTC attack.
In seeking compensation from the state, it drew on the testimony of several experts, including a French investigative magistrate, former CIA agents, an Israeli intelligence analyst and former 9/11 Commission staff members.
The memorandum states that Hizbollah, the paramilitary group supported by Iran, knew 9/11 was going to take place, the paper said.
It asserts that one of its key members, Iman Mughniyah, travelled with members of the 9/11 hijackers on flights to and from Iran in 2000.
It is claimed that he also went to Beirut with hijacker Ahmed Al-Ghamdi and ‘visited Saudi Arabia to coordinate activities there’ and that two of the terrorists, Khalid al-Mihdhar and Nawaf al-Hazmi, were put up in the Iranian embassy during a visit to Malaysia.
According to the document, al Qaeda operatives received airline-hijacking training in Iran.
Authors also said that 13 of the 19 hijackers were from Saudi Arabia and that US investigators working on the 9/11 inquiry complained of Saudi officials continually blocking requests for information.
The authors also questioned Bush’s actions after 9/11, the paper said.
They said that 28 pages of the report of Congress’s Joint Inquiry into 9/11 were withheld from the public ‘on the personal orders of George W Bush’.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog