Iran to resume N-talks after Rouhani takes charge
Tehran: Iran will resume nuclear talks with the world powers once the new president- elect, Hassan Rouhani, takes oath and announces a new negotiating team, the Islamic government said Wednesday.
Iran will definitely continue the talks in future with the five permanent UN Security Council members plus Germany, or P5+1, reported Xinhua citing Iranian Foreign Minister Ali-Akbar Salehi at the end of a cabinet meeting.
He said the incoming president Hassan Rouhani should appoint the negotiating team after he takes oath in early August.
On Tuesday, the European Union Foreign Policy Chief, Catherine Ashton, who is leading the P5+1 group, said the world powers were hopeful that their talks with the Islamic republic over its sensitive nuclear programme would resume soon.
On April 6, Iran and the P5+1 group held the last round of nuclear talks in Almaty of Kazakhstan. But no practical solution could be achieved.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened