Iran to resume N-talks after Rouhani takes charge
Tehran: Iran will resume nuclear talks with the world powers once the new president- elect, Hassan Rouhani, takes oath and announces a new negotiating team, the Islamic government said Wednesday.
Iran will definitely continue the talks in future with the five permanent UN Security Council members plus Germany, or P5+1, reported Xinhua citing Iranian Foreign Minister Ali-Akbar Salehi at the end of a cabinet meeting.
He said the incoming president Hassan Rouhani should appoint the negotiating team after he takes oath in early August.
On Tuesday, the European Union Foreign Policy Chief, Catherine Ashton, who is leading the P5+1 group, said the world powers were hopeful that their talks with the Islamic republic over its sensitive nuclear programme would resume soon.
On April 6, Iran and the P5+1 group held the last round of nuclear talks in Almaty of Kazakhstan. But no practical solution could be achieved.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- Pro-Afzal event at JNU: Kanhaiya Kumar, others begin indefinite strike against punishment
- Meghalaya CM's wife, Sangma's son file nomination papers for Tura Lok Sabha bypoll
- Check cgbse.nic.in, www.cgbse.net 10th HS Results 2016 Chhattisgarh CG Board, CGBSE today at 10 AM
- Pakistani Sikhs open temple after 73 years, risking attacks
- 20 killed in Syria regime strike on Aleppo