Iran to unveil missile-launching warship
Tehran: Iran will unveil an indigenous missile-launching warship Nov 28, Iranian Navy Commander Rear Admiral Habibollah Sayyari said Monday.
"One of the new achievements of the navy of the Islamic Republic of Iran is Sinai 7 missile-launching warship," Sayyari was quoted as saying by Press TV.
"Two new Ghadir-class submarines will also become operational on Wednesday (Nov 28) and an advanced simulator for instructing the personnel of Ghadir submarine will be unveiled," he said.
Citing Press TV, Xinhua said the Ghadir-class submarine was first unveiled in 2007. The 120-tonne vessel has shallow-depth performance and can conduct prolonged coastal missions.
Two hovercrafts, BH7 and SRNX (Tondar), will also join the Navy Wednesday, Sayyari said.
Sayyari earlier said Iran would hold a major naval drill dubbed "Velayat 91" in the 10th month of the next Iranian calendar year -- from Dec 21 to Jan 20, 2013) -- to display the navy`s might and deterrence power.
The report did not mention the location of the exercise.
The commander also said the navy plans to send a fleet of warships to the Mediterranean Sea and the Atlantic Ocean.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read