Iran to unveil missile-launching warship
Tehran: Iran will unveil an indigenous missile-launching warship Nov 28, Iranian Navy Commander Rear Admiral Habibollah Sayyari said Monday.
"One of the new achievements of the navy of the Islamic Republic of Iran is Sinai 7 missile-launching warship," Sayyari was quoted as saying by Press TV.
"Two new Ghadir-class submarines will also become operational on Wednesday (Nov 28) and an advanced simulator for instructing the personnel of Ghadir submarine will be unveiled," he said.
Citing Press TV, Xinhua said the Ghadir-class submarine was first unveiled in 2007. The 120-tonne vessel has shallow-depth performance and can conduct prolonged coastal missions.
Two hovercrafts, BH7 and SRNX (Tondar), will also join the Navy Wednesday, Sayyari said.
Sayyari earlier said Iran would hold a major naval drill dubbed "Velayat 91" in the 10th month of the next Iranian calendar year -- from Dec 21 to Jan 20, 2013) -- to display the navy`s might and deterrence power.
The report did not mention the location of the exercise.
The commander also said the navy plans to send a fleet of warships to the Mediterranean Sea and the Atlantic Ocean.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan