Iran won`t give up nuclear ambitions: Ahmadinejad
Tehran: Iran will not back down from its nuclear ambitions despite new Western sanctions announced this week, President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said on Wednesday in a speech broadcast on state television.
"The Iranian nation will not back down an iota, and will not allow the slightest move to encroach on the nation`s rights," he told a crowd in the town of Pakdasht, east of Tehran.
Referring to the United States, Britain and Canada, which on Monday unveiled the sanctions against Iran`s financial sector, he said: "I advise them to cease these tantrums, and stop thinking that baring their claws and fangs will stop the Iranian nation."
Ahmadinejad reiterated that, contrary to Western claims Iran was pursuing nuclear weapons, "we do not need an atomic bomb."
"They ask us to prove that we do not have an atomic bomb... How can we prove something that does not exist? It is as if someone asks another person to prove that he is healthy... Sickness is proveable," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Disruption of Parliament not acceptable, for God's sake, do your job: President Pranab Mukherjee to MPs