Iranian Navy to launch new destroyer
Tehran: Iran is set to launch a new indigenous destroyer, Iranian Navy Commander Rear Admiral Habibollah Sayyari said.
The destroyer, called "Shaheed Bayandor", will officially join the Iranian naval fleet by next month, Xinhua cited Press TV as saying.
The destroyer has new features which will be unveiled during the launching, the navy commander said.
The Iranian Navy has already launched Jamaran-1 and Jamaran-2 destroyers with electronic warfare capabilities.
They are armed with modern radar systems, a variety of anti-ship and surface-to- air missiles, torpedoes and modern naval cannons.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH