Iranian Navy to launch new destroyer
Tehran: Iran is set to launch a new indigenous destroyer, Iranian Navy Commander Rear Admiral Habibollah Sayyari said.
The destroyer, called "Shaheed Bayandor", will officially join the Iranian naval fleet by next month, Xinhua cited Press TV as saying.
The destroyer has new features which will be unveiled during the launching, the navy commander said.
The Iranian Navy has already launched Jamaran-1 and Jamaran-2 destroyers with electronic warfare capabilities.
They are armed with modern radar systems, a variety of anti-ship and surface-to- air missiles, torpedoes and modern naval cannons.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof