Iran`s Ahmadinejad dismisses Mideast peace talks
Tehran: Hardline Iranian President
Mahmoud Ahmadinejad today dismissed the holding of direct
peace talks between Israel and the Palestinians, saying the
negotiations will fail to resolve conflict in the Middle East.
"Tens of negotiations have been held in more than 30
years and tens of plans have been proposed, but they have all
failed," Ahmadinejad told Iran`s Arabic-language Al-Alam
Television in an interview.
His remarks came as Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin
Netanyahu and Palestinian leader Mahmud Abbas prepared to
re-launch direct peace talks in Washington on Thursday after a
"If the main problems of Palestine are not considered,
the fact that two people sit down and talk will resolve
nothing," Ahmadinejad said in comments posted on the website
of the channel in Farsi.
"Talks and even signing reconciliation treaties cannot
gain legitimacy for the Zionist regime and resolve the
Ahmadinejad called for the Islamic movement Hamas
which rules the Gaza Strip to be involved in any peace talks
as it is "the most official representative of Palestinians
because it had the people`s votes."
"Any negotiations should take place with Palestinians`
representative," the hardliner added. Hamas is listed by the
European Union and the United States as a terror organization.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next