Iraq busts al Qaeda chemical weapon plot; US, Europe were targets
Zee Media Bureau
Baghdad: The Iraqi authorities claim that they have busted an al Qaeda cell uncovering a plot to use chemical weapon, according to BBC.
According to the reports, the chemical weapon was been made to target the United States and the European countries.
Iraqi Defence Ministry spokesman Mohammed al-Askari said that the authorities monitored the activities of five men and arrested them.
With the arrest, three workshops for making the chemical weapons were also uncovered.
The arrests were made possible by the co-operation between Iraqi and foreign intelligence services, Mr Askari said.
Al Qaeda in the 2006 and 2007 sectarian violence detonated 16 chemical bombs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi