Iraq busts al Qaeda chemical weapon plot; US, Europe were targets
Zee Media Bureau
Baghdad: The Iraqi authorities claim that they have busted an al Qaeda cell uncovering a plot to use chemical weapon, according to BBC.
According to the reports, the chemical weapon was been made to target the United States and the European countries.
Iraqi Defence Ministry spokesman Mohammed al-Askari said that the authorities monitored the activities of five men and arrested them.
With the arrest, three workshops for making the chemical weapons were also uncovered.
The arrests were made possible by the co-operation between Iraqi and foreign intelligence services, Mr Askari said.
Al Qaeda in the 2006 and 2007 sectarian violence detonated 16 chemical bombs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ganga river crosses danger mark in UP, Bihar and West Bengal
- NDMC issues notices to President's Estate for mosquito breeding
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- Arun Jaitley may not read out new trains, lines after budget merger
- RBI launches Sept round of inflation expectation survey
- Women have emotionally more intense nightmares than men
- BJP leader's son abducted by suspected ULFA militants, Rs 1cr ransom demanded
- Jio test uses commercial airwaves, but no revenue to govt: COAI