Iraq busts al Qaeda chemical weapon plot; US, Europe were targets
Zee Media Bureau
Baghdad: The Iraqi authorities claim that they have busted an al Qaeda cell uncovering a plot to use chemical weapon, according to BBC.
According to the reports, the chemical weapon was been made to target the United States and the European countries.
Iraqi Defence Ministry spokesman Mohammed al-Askari said that the authorities monitored the activities of five men and arrested them.
With the arrest, three workshops for making the chemical weapons were also uncovered.
The arrests were made possible by the co-operation between Iraqi and foreign intelligence services, Mr Askari said.
Al Qaeda in the 2006 and 2007 sectarian violence detonated 16 chemical bombs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- US mother thrashes daughter on Facebook Live –Know why
- Anuja Chauhan's next novel to be about men in uniform
- Who is the lead actress in Salman Khan's 'Tubelight'? Here's what we know so far!
- 'Some objects' spotted as search for missing IAF AN-32 aircraft enters sixth day
- Even Anushka Sharma failed to escape 'Pokemon Go' fever! Watch videos