Iraq presidency claims progress in stroke recovery
Baghdad: The office of Iraq`s ailing president says he is making progress in a German hospital recovering from a stroke last month.
A brief statement Saturday described the health situation of Jalal Talabani as "reassuring" and says his medical team has started rehabilitation. It did not give more details on his condition.
Talabani, a 79-year-old senior Kurdish leader, was flown to Germany for treatment more than two weeks ago.
The statement was responding to a late Friday report in the French newspaper Le Figaro that described the president as "clinically dead." Talabani`s office described the report as "totally baseless."
The president`s illness has injected more uncertainty into the country`s political future, as unrest grows in Iraq`s Sunni areas over detainees held by the Shiite-led government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read