Iraq presidency claims progress in stroke recovery
Baghdad: The office of Iraq`s ailing president says he is making progress in a German hospital recovering from a stroke last month.
A brief statement Saturday described the health situation of Jalal Talabani as "reassuring" and says his medical team has started rehabilitation. It did not give more details on his condition.
Talabani, a 79-year-old senior Kurdish leader, was flown to Germany for treatment more than two weeks ago.
The statement was responding to a late Friday report in the French newspaper Le Figaro that described the president as "clinically dead." Talabani`s office described the report as "totally baseless."
The president`s illness has injected more uncertainty into the country`s political future, as unrest grows in Iraq`s Sunni areas over detainees held by the Shiite-led government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena Bora murder spread over various cities
- Sheena Bora murder: Transit remand for Sanjeev Khanna; to be presented in court
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday