Iraq presidency claims progress in stroke recovery
Baghdad: The office of Iraq`s ailing president says he is making progress in a German hospital recovering from a stroke last month.
A brief statement Saturday described the health situation of Jalal Talabani as "reassuring" and says his medical team has started rehabilitation. It did not give more details on his condition.
Talabani, a 79-year-old senior Kurdish leader, was flown to Germany for treatment more than two weeks ago.
The statement was responding to a late Friday report in the French newspaper Le Figaro that described the president as "clinically dead." Talabani`s office described the report as "totally baseless."
The president`s illness has injected more uncertainty into the country`s political future, as unrest grows in Iraq`s Sunni areas over detainees held by the Shiite-led government.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'