Iraq: Rocket blows up in police vehicle, killing 4
Baghdad: Iraqi officials say a rocket
confiscated by authorities blew up in the back of a pickup
truck while being moved for disposal, killing two policemen
and two civilians.
Officials say police found the rocket today in the town
of Shurqat, 250 kilometres northwest of Baghdad, and loaded
it onto their pickup truck.
The rocket detonated when the vehicle began to drive off.
In a separate incident, police and health officials say a
roadside bomb exploded in western Iraq, killing a local
official and his driver near the town of Hit, 140 kilometres
west of Baghdad.
All officials spoke on condition of anonymity because
they were not authorized to speak to the media.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16