Iraq says it will buy 36 US fighter jets
Baghdad: Iraq`s prime minister says his
country will purchase 36 fighter jets from the United States,
more than doubling the number Iraq was previously planning to
Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki told reporters on Saturday in
Baghdad that Iraq needs to be able to protect its sovereignty.
Iraq had previously planned to purchase 16 F-16
fighter jets but the plans were put on hold earlier this year.
Iraqi officials said they were going to use the money
instead to pay for food rations.
Al-Maliki said a delegation from the Iraqi Air Force
will head to the US to facilitate the deal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Five nations pull out of SAARC Summit to express solidarity with India over Uri attack
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof