Iraq says it will buy 36 US fighter jets
Baghdad: Iraq`s prime minister says his
country will purchase 36 fighter jets from the United States,
more than doubling the number Iraq was previously planning to
Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki told reporters on Saturday in
Baghdad that Iraq needs to be able to protect its sovereignty.
Iraq had previously planned to purchase 16 F-16
fighter jets but the plans were put on hold earlier this year.
Iraqi officials said they were going to use the money
instead to pay for food rations.
Al-Maliki said a delegation from the Iraqi Air Force
will head to the US to facilitate the deal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...