Israel Navy chief scolded over April Fools` prank
Jerusalem: Israel`s navy commander is in hot
water over an April Fools` Day prank.
Vice Adm Ram Rothberg thought it would be funny to
instruct his top commanders to prepare for a 10-day naval
exercise in Italy, then pull the plug on April 1.
But the information leaked to lower officers, who worked
over the weekend to prepare three ships to set sail. Some
sailors` parents also rushed to the base to give their sons
extra supplies and money.
The military command wasn`t amused. It called the joke
"inappropriate" and said today it was "investigating the
incident in order to derive the proper lessons."
Rothberg became navy chief last year, replacing Eliezer
Marom, whose tenure was marked by scandal after he was caught
partying at a Tel Aviv strip club.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31