Israel planning strikes on Iran: Report
Jerusalem: Israel is planning to carry out military attacks on Iran after December, a media report has said.
Israel Radio quoted a report in French magazine, Le Canard Enchaine that Jerusalem has already ordered high quality combat rations from a French food manufacturer for soldiers serving in elite units and also asked reservists of these units staying abroad to return to Israel.
Israel Defence Forces Chief of Staff, Gabi Ashkenazi, reportedly told his French counterpart, Jean-Louis Georgelin, during a recent visit that "Israel is not planning to bomb Iran, but may send elite troops to conduct activities on the ground there".
The operations may involve sabotage of Iranian nuclear facilities as well as assassinations of top nuclear scientists, the French magazine was quoted as saying.
Israel of late has toned down its rhetoric against Iran so as not to hinder US efforts to convince it to get transparent on its nuclear activities but has insisted that "all options are on the table" to foil the Islamic Republic`s nuclear ambitions.
Tehran has consistently maintained that its nuclear programme is for peaceful purposes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Massive storm at JNU over Afzal Guru as 'anti-India' slogans raised; university orders disciplinary enquiry
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India