Israel planning strikes on Iran: Report
Jerusalem: Israel is planning to carry out military attacks on Iran after December, a media report has said.
Israel Radio quoted a report in French magazine, Le Canard Enchaine that Jerusalem has already ordered high quality combat rations from a French food manufacturer for soldiers serving in elite units and also asked reservists of these units staying abroad to return to Israel.
Israel Defence Forces Chief of Staff, Gabi Ashkenazi, reportedly told his French counterpart, Jean-Louis Georgelin, during a recent visit that "Israel is not planning to bomb Iran, but may send elite troops to conduct activities on the ground there".
The operations may involve sabotage of Iranian nuclear facilities as well as assassinations of top nuclear scientists, the French magazine was quoted as saying.
Israel of late has toned down its rhetoric against Iran so as not to hinder US efforts to convince it to get transparent on its nuclear activities but has insisted that "all options are on the table" to foil the Islamic Republic`s nuclear ambitions.
Tehran has consistently maintained that its nuclear programme is for peaceful purposes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Hope intellectuals from India, China take part in Mind and Life conference: Dalai Lama
- Despite carnage, Syria`s Aleppo not in fighting `freeze`
- AP Board SSC class 10th Results 2016 is likely to be declared on May 5
- Deal reached in Ireland to form minority government: Party
- Venkaiah Naidu, Siddaramaiah flag off south India's first underground Metro