Israel planning strikes on Iran: Report
Jerusalem: Israel is planning to carry out military attacks on Iran after December, a media report has said.
Israel Radio quoted a report in French magazine, Le Canard Enchaine that Jerusalem has already ordered high quality combat rations from a French food manufacturer for soldiers serving in elite units and also asked reservists of these units staying abroad to return to Israel.
Israel Defence Forces Chief of Staff, Gabi Ashkenazi, reportedly told his French counterpart, Jean-Louis Georgelin, during a recent visit that "Israel is not planning to bomb Iran, but may send elite troops to conduct activities on the ground there".
The operations may involve sabotage of Iranian nuclear facilities as well as assassinations of top nuclear scientists, the French magazine was quoted as saying.
Israel of late has toned down its rhetoric against Iran so as not to hinder US efforts to convince it to get transparent on its nuclear activities but has insisted that "all options are on the table" to foil the Islamic Republic`s nuclear ambitions.
Tehran has consistently maintained that its nuclear programme is for peaceful purposes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details