Israel suspends tax pay transfers: Palestinians
Jerusalem: The Palestinians say Israel has carried out its threat to suspend transfer of tax payments to the Palestinian Authority over this week`s admission of Palestine to the UN`s cultural agency.
Israel collects about $100 million in customs, border and some income taxes each month on behalf of the Palestinians, then relays the funds to the Palestinian Authority, which runs the West Bank.
But Palestinian officials said on Thursday that Israel didn`t transfer the funds in the first three days of November as it does every month.
The Israeli Finance Ministry had no immediate comment.
After gaining membership in UNESCO, the Palestinians have said they plan to seek membership in other international bodies as part of their campaign for statehood.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!