Israel suspends tax pay transfers: Palestinians
Jerusalem: The Palestinians say Israel has carried out its threat to suspend transfer of tax payments to the Palestinian Authority over this week`s admission of Palestine to the UN`s cultural agency.
Israel collects about $100 million in customs, border and some income taxes each month on behalf of the Palestinians, then relays the funds to the Palestinian Authority, which runs the West Bank.
But Palestinian officials said on Thursday that Israel didn`t transfer the funds in the first three days of November as it does every month.
The Israeli Finance Ministry had no immediate comment.
After gaining membership in UNESCO, the Palestinians have said they plan to seek membership in other international bodies as part of their campaign for statehood.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Cow slaughter should be banned across the country; Muslims should stop eating meat: Azam Khan
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials