Israel suspends tax pay transfers: Palestinians
Jerusalem: The Palestinians say Israel has carried out its threat to suspend transfer of tax payments to the Palestinian Authority over this week`s admission of Palestine to the UN`s cultural agency.
Israel collects about $100 million in customs, border and some income taxes each month on behalf of the Palestinians, then relays the funds to the Palestinian Authority, which runs the West Bank.
But Palestinian officials said on Thursday that Israel didn`t transfer the funds in the first three days of November as it does every month.
The Israeli Finance Ministry had no immediate comment.
After gaining membership in UNESCO, the Palestinians have said they plan to seek membership in other international bodies as part of their campaign for statehood.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam