Israel suspends tax pay transfers: Palestinians
Jerusalem: The Palestinians say Israel has carried out its threat to suspend transfer of tax payments to the Palestinian Authority over this week`s admission of Palestine to the UN`s cultural agency.
Israel collects about $100 million in customs, border and some income taxes each month on behalf of the Palestinians, then relays the funds to the Palestinian Authority, which runs the West Bank.
But Palestinian officials said on Thursday that Israel didn`t transfer the funds in the first three days of November as it does every month.
The Israeli Finance Ministry had no immediate comment.
After gaining membership in UNESCO, the Palestinians have said they plan to seek membership in other international bodies as part of their campaign for statehood.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family