Israeli authorities receive threat letter
Jerusalem: Hours before the country is to celebrate its Independence Day, Israeli authorities Wednesday said they have received threats to move the ceremony to a closed venue "before state officials are hurt".
The threat came in a letter addressed to Public Diplomacy and Diaspora Affairs Minister, Yuli Edelstein, with the authorities saying that all precautions are being taken.
The envelope included a newspaper clipping with an article about the fatal accident that occurred on Mount Herzl during the rehearsals for the Independence Day event.
The ministry has filed a complaint with the police, Ynetnews reported.
Several ceremonies are planned across the state to pay respects to those who sacrificed their lives for the country, amid preparations for the Independence Day celebrations tomorrow.
The threat came as the nation observed the Remembrance Day to commemorate fallen soldiers and victims of terror.
As part of the day, life came to a standstill as a siren sounded and the country`s leaders pronounced that the Jewish State is "stronger than ever", but seeks peace with neighbours.
Israel has lost 22,993 soldiers in wars and terror attacks as per the defence ministry`s commemoration unit.
The past year saw 126 Israelis killed in the line of duty or in terror attacks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker
- One killed in PKK car bomb in Turkey's southeast
- Morocco arrests 10 suspected Islamist militants, including Algerian
- India’s bid for NSG membership blocked as member countries fail to arrive at a consensus
- 'Raped woman' remark: Finally, Salman Khan speaks to media - Here's what he said
- 'Unguided missile Subramanian Swamy has backfired at BJP'