Israeli planes target Gaza sites: Army
Jerusalem: Israeli aircraft attacked "terror
sites" in central and northern Gaza early on Thursday after
Palestinians fired three rockets at the Jewish state the day
before, the Army said.
"Israeli air force aircraft targeted a terror activity
site in the central Gaza Strip, and a terror tunnel in the
northern Gaza Strip," a statement from the military read.
"Direct hits were confirmed. The targeting of these sites
was in response to the firing of rockets at Israel on
Wednesday," the statement read.
Last night, Palestinian militants fired two rockets from
the Gaza Strip into southern Israel, hitting the Eshkol Region
but causing neither casualties nor damage.
Earlier yesterday, a rocket fired from Gaza landed in the
Sha`ar Hanegev region. It did not explode or cause any
casualties or damage.
The Palestinian attacks came after two Israeli air raids
on the Gaza Strip killed a Palestinian and wounded about 20
others on Tuesday.
The Israeli Army said the latest strikes were against
"global jihad" targets in the Palestinian territory, who were
planning cross-border attacks from neighbouring Egypt.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India