Israeli planes target Gaza sites: Army
Jerusalem: Israeli aircraft attacked "terror
sites" in central and northern Gaza early on Thursday after
Palestinians fired three rockets at the Jewish state the day
before, the Army said.
"Israeli air force aircraft targeted a terror activity
site in the central Gaza Strip, and a terror tunnel in the
northern Gaza Strip," a statement from the military read.
"Direct hits were confirmed. The targeting of these sites
was in response to the firing of rockets at Israel on
Wednesday," the statement read.
Last night, Palestinian militants fired two rockets from
the Gaza Strip into southern Israel, hitting the Eshkol Region
but causing neither casualties nor damage.
Earlier yesterday, a rocket fired from Gaza landed in the
Sha`ar Hanegev region. It did not explode or cause any
casualties or damage.
The Palestinian attacks came after two Israeli air raids
on the Gaza Strip killed a Palestinian and wounded about 20
others on Tuesday.
The Israeli Army said the latest strikes were against
"global jihad" targets in the Palestinian territory, who were
planning cross-border attacks from neighbouring Egypt.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH