Israeli PM`s military attaché stays away from UK
Jerusalem: The Israeli Army says the Prime Minister`s military attaché did not accompany him to Britain this week, fearing pro-Palestinian activists might try to have him arrested on war crimes charges.
Major General Yohanan Locker was deputy chief of the Israel Air Force during Israel`s war in Gaza two years ago.
Activists critical of Israel`s conduct in Gaza have sought to arrest other Israeli officials under a British law that allows foreigners to be prosecuted for alleged war crimes committed anywhere in the world.
Given the threat, the military said on Thursday that Locker was advised not to travel to Britain with Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu this week.
Other Israeli officials have also called off visits to Britain. The law has strained relations between the two countries.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living