Israeli PM`s military attaché stays away from UK
Jerusalem: The Israeli Army says the Prime Minister`s military attaché did not accompany him to Britain this week, fearing pro-Palestinian activists might try to have him arrested on war crimes charges.
Major General Yohanan Locker was deputy chief of the Israel Air Force during Israel`s war in Gaza two years ago.
Activists critical of Israel`s conduct in Gaza have sought to arrest other Israeli officials under a British law that allows foreigners to be prosecuted for alleged war crimes committed anywhere in the world.
Given the threat, the military said on Thursday that Locker was advised not to travel to Britain with Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu this week.
Other Israeli officials have also called off visits to Britain. The law has strained relations between the two countries.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!