Israeli PM`s military attaché stays away from UK
Jerusalem: The Israeli Army says the Prime Minister`s military attaché did not accompany him to Britain this week, fearing pro-Palestinian activists might try to have him arrested on war crimes charges.
Major General Yohanan Locker was deputy chief of the Israel Air Force during Israel`s war in Gaza two years ago.
Activists critical of Israel`s conduct in Gaza have sought to arrest other Israeli officials under a British law that allows foreigners to be prosecuted for alleged war crimes committed anywhere in the world.
Given the threat, the military said on Thursday that Locker was advised not to travel to Britain with Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu this week.
Other Israeli officials have also called off visits to Britain. The law has strained relations between the two countries.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state