Israeli police officers wounded in West Bank attack
Jerusalem: Gunmen opened fire and wounded three Israeli police officers in the West Bank on Monday, Israeli police said.
Police spokesman Micky Rosenfeld said shots were fired at a police vehicle travelling near Hebron. He said police forces were searching the area for suspects.
Israel`s emergency services reported three people wounded at the scene — two in serious condition from gun shot wounds to the chest.
Israeli vehicles have been frequently targeted by Palestinian militants in West Bank drive-by shooting attacks, but such attacks have diminished considerably in recent years.
Thanks to the relative calm and increased security coordination with the Palestinians, Israel has considerably eased travel restrictions in the West Bank.
The last fatal West Bank shooting attack took place in December, when a 40-year-old rabbi was shot in the head. Last March, two police officers were killed in a shooting attack in the Jordan Valley. Their killers have never been apprehended.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Watch Video - World's highest glass-bottom bridge opens in China 600 feet above a canyon!