Israeli police officers wounded in West Bank attack
Jerusalem: Gunmen opened fire and wounded three Israeli police officers in the West Bank on Monday, Israeli police said.
Police spokesman Micky Rosenfeld said shots were fired at a police vehicle travelling near Hebron. He said police forces were searching the area for suspects.
Israel`s emergency services reported three people wounded at the scene — two in serious condition from gun shot wounds to the chest.
Israeli vehicles have been frequently targeted by Palestinian militants in West Bank drive-by shooting attacks, but such attacks have diminished considerably in recent years.
Thanks to the relative calm and increased security coordination with the Palestinians, Israel has considerably eased travel restrictions in the West Bank.
The last fatal West Bank shooting attack took place in December, when a 40-year-old rabbi was shot in the head. Last March, two police officers were killed in a shooting attack in the Jordan Valley. Their killers have never been apprehended.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test