Israeli police, protesters clash at holy site
Jerusalem: Israeli police say Palestinian protesters have clashed with policemen at one of the most sensitive holy sites.
The incident took place early Sunday at the Jerusalem compound known to Jews as the Temple Mount and to Muslims as the Noble Sanctuary.
Police spokesman Shmuel Ben-Ruby says some 150 Palestinians threw stones at a group of Jews visiting the site. Police dispersed the rioters using stun grenades, and two policemen were lightly injured.
Ben-Ruby says two protesters were also lightly injured before police restored order.
Deadly violence has erupted several times in the past at the compound holy to both Jews and Muslims.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video