Israeli police, protesters clash at holy site
Jerusalem: Israeli police say Palestinian protesters have clashed with policemen at one of the most sensitive holy sites.
The incident took place early Sunday at the Jerusalem compound known to Jews as the Temple Mount and to Muslims as the Noble Sanctuary.
Police spokesman Shmuel Ben-Ruby says some 150 Palestinians threw stones at a group of Jews visiting the site. Police dispersed the rioters using stun grenades, and two policemen were lightly injured.
Ben-Ruby says two protesters were also lightly injured before police restored order.
Deadly violence has erupted several times in the past at the compound holy to both Jews and Muslims.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal